Real World article
(written from a Production point of view)
(written from a Production point of view)
- For information dealing with this year in the timeline of the fictional Star Trek universe, see 2009.
- 6 January - Star Trek: Mirror Universe short story anthology, Shards and Shadows is released.
- 14 January - Ricardo Montalban dies.
- 25 January - Kim Manners dies.
- 27 January - Pocket Books novel A Singular Destiny by Keith R.A. DeCandido is released.
- 29 January - IDW Publishing's Star Trek Archives volume 3, Best of Gary Seven is released.
- 4 February - IDW Publishing's trade paperback collection Star Trek: Mirror Images is released.
- 24 February - Star Trek: Titan novel Over a Torrent Sea, by Christopher L. Bennett, is released.
- 2 March - Rhae Andrece dies.
- 10 March - Jim Burk dies.
- 17 March - Pocket Books trade paperback collection Mere Anarchy is released.
- 21 March - John Franklyn-Robbins dies.
- 25 March - Alexander Lepak dies.
- 29 March
- 6 April - The first public showing of Star Trek takes place in Austin, Texas.
- 7 April
- - The gala premiere of Star Trek takes place in Sydney, Australia.
- - IDW releases the trade paperback collection of Star Trek: Countdown.
- 14 April - Boukenshin, the first Star Trek: The Next Generation manga from Tokyopop is released.
- 18 April
- 20 April - Corky Randall dies.
- 27 April - Season 1 of The Original Series is released on Blu-ray Disc in Region 2. Also released are: slimline editions of the remastered seasons 1-3, Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray) and Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (DVD).
- 28 April
- 29 April - Marl Young dies.
- 30 April - C.J. Bau dies.
- 1 May - Ric Estrada dies.
- 5 May - Star Trek soundtrack is released.
- 7 May - Advance screenings of Star Trek begin at 7 pm nationwide.
- 8 May - Star Trek is released.
- 11 May
- 12 May
- - Star Trek: Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray), Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray), Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy (DVD), The Best of Star Trek: The Original Series, The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation all released in Region 1.
- - Star Trek by Alan Dean Foster is released.
- 14 May - George C. Villaseñor dies.
- 18 May - Wayne Allwine dies.
- 23 May - Edward J. Lakso dies.
- 26 May - Pocket TOS novel Troublesome Minds, by Dave Galanter is released.
- 27 May - IDW's Star Trek Omnibus volume 1 is released.
- 28 May - Phil Rawlins dies.
- 4 June - Ward Costello dies.
- 10 June - Dave Simons dies.
- 11 June - David Richards and Bruce Watson die.
- 30 June
- 1 July
- 3 July - Frank Salsedo dies.
- 17 July
- Genki Wear fragrances Tiberius, Red Shirt, Pon Farr, and the Comic-Con exclusive Khaaann! are released.
- 28 July - Pocket DS9 novel The Soul Key, by Olivia Woods, is released.
- 12 August - IDW Star Trek Archives volume 5, Best of Captain Kirk is released.
- 16 August - Ed Reimers dies.
- 17 August - Warren Hamilton, Jr. dies.
- 19 August - June Gilham dies.
- 25 August - Pocket DS9 novel The Never-Ending Sacrifice, by Una McCormack, is released.
- 2 September - IDW's Star Trek Archives volume 6, Best of Alternate Universes is released.
- 10 September - Susan Carol Schwary dies.
- 13 September - Dallas Mitchell dies.
- 14 September - Henry Gibson dies.
- 17 September
- 20 September - Bill Shepard dies.
- 21 September - Reference book Star Trek: A Comics History, by Alan J. Porter, is released.
- 22 September
- - Region A Blu-ray releases of TOS Season 2; Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection; The Wrath of Khan, The Voyage Home, The Undiscovered Country, and First Contact.
- - Region 1 DVD releases of Star Trek: The Next Generation Motion Picture Collection; Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country and Star Trek: First Contact.
- 29 September - Pocket VOY novel Unworthy, by Kirsten Beyer, is released.
- 13 October - Reference book Memories of the Future, Volume 1 by Wil Wheaton is released.
- 14 October - IDW releases a hardback collection of Star Trek: Countdown, and the trade paperback collection of Crew.
- 20 October - Pocket ENT The Romulan War trade paperback, Beneath the Raptor's Wing, by Michael A. Martin is released.
- 21 October - IDW Publishing releases the trade paperback collection of Mission's End.
- 27 October - Star Trek: Titan novel Synthesis, by James Swallow, is released.
- 1 November - Star Trek - Music from the Motion Picture is released.
- 16 November - Basic DVD, Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray Disc versions of Star Trek released in Region 2, along with Star Trek: Legends of the Final Frontier Collection (DVD) and Star Trek: Legends of the Final Frontier Collection (Blu-ray).
- 17 November
- - Star Trek DVD and Blu-ray released in Region 1, along with The Best of Star Trek: The Original Series, Volume 2 and The Best of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Volume 2
- - Titan Books releases Star Trek - The Art of the Film.
- 21 November - Jeff Mart dies.
- 24 November - Star Trek: Vanguard novel Precipice, by David Mack, is released.
- 15 December - Region A release of TOS Season 3 Blu-ray.
- 29 December - Star Trek: Mirror Universe novel The Sorrows of Empire, by David Mack, is released.
- 30 December - Joseph M. Wilcots dies.
|2008 productions|| Star Trek|
Births • Deaths