- The Klingon Empire and the Federation are negotiating a peace treaty. This peace conference is occurring as the USS Enterprise-C responds to a distress call from Narendra III. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise")
- In what becomes known as the Battle of Narendra III, the USS Enterprise-C is destroyed while defending the Klingon outpost on Narendra III from Romulan attack. This event reemphasizes the Khitomer Accords and ensures a lasting peace between the Federation and the Klingon Empire. However, some of the Enterprise crew survives and are captured, among them Natasha Yar, who had been sent there by Jean-Luc Picard from the future of an alternate timeline. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise", "Redemption II")
- In an alternate timeline, the Enterprise-C disappears while engaged with the Romulan attackers. Relations between the Federation and the Klingons deteriorate, leading to war. (TNG: "Yesterday's Enterprise")
- At the age of 15, Chakotay's entry into Starfleet Academy is sponsored by Captain Sulu. (VOY: "Tattoo")
- Devinoni Ral, at the age of 19, leaves Earth and relocates to Hurkos III. (TNG: "The Price")
- Kyle Riker and his son William go on a fishing trip in Alaska. (TNG: "The Icarus Factor")
- A Starfleet captain fails in his attempted contact with the Jaradas, following a protocol error that causes a twenty-year rift between the two organizations. (TNG: "The Big Goodbye")
- Shakaar Edon begins to fight the Cardassians during their occupation of his home. (DS9: "Shakaar")
- The Bajoran Springball Association releases a new Springball scorecard sheet.
- According to an okudagram shown in "The Killing Game", Kathryn Janeway was born in this year. However, this would mean she was only 27 in 2371 when she took command of the USS Voyager.
- According to a line cut from the final episode of "Yesterday's Enterprise", Guinan and Captain Jean-Luc Picard have been together since this year.