|← 2373 →|
|The Dominion War begins with the Second Battle of Deep Space 9|
|Stardates:||50032.7 - 50984.3|
|Year of Kahless:||999|
- The Doctor uncovers that Commander Chakotay did not father Seska's child, as originally believed. It is revealed the Maje Culluh is in fact the child's true father. (VOY: "Basics, Part II")
- The USS Voyager is retaken by Tom Paris and a group of Talaxians, and the crew is recovered from Hanon IV. Seska is killed during the operation. (VOY: "Basics, Part II")
- After the real identity of the Klingon General Martok as a Changeling is revealed, the war between the Federation and the Klingon Empire is ended with a temporary cease fire. (DS9: "Apocalypse Rising")
- A Starfleet team lead by Benjamin Sisko are successful in capturing a Jem'Hadar attack ship. (DS9: "The Ship")
- The Klingons invade Ajilon Prime. (DS9: "Nor the Battle to the Strong")
- Lieutenant Tuvok began suffering from a memory virus accidentally transferred to his mind from Dmitri Valtane eighty years previously, in 2293. With Kathryn Janeway acting as his pyllora, the two try to discover the cause of the virus and inadvertently experience memories of Tuvok's first Starfleet posting; the USS Excelsior under the command of Captain Hikaru Sulu. (VOY: "Flashback")
- B'Elanna Torres begins to have dreams that turn out to be memories implanted by an elderly Enaran woman. (VOY: "Remember")
- Starfleet Command declares the USS Voyager officially lost with all hands. (VOY: "Message in a Bottle")
- Keiko O'Brien is inhabited by a Pah-wraith who tries to kill the Prophets, but is stopped by Miles O'Brien. The entity is expelled from Keiko's body. (DS9: "The Assignment")
- The USS Defiant and its crew are transported back in time to the 23rd century, where they encounter the crew of the USS Enterprise and are successful in stopping Arne Darvin from killing James T. Kirk. (DS9: "Trials and Tribble-ations")
- The USS Farragut is destroyed by the Klingons while protecting the colonists of Ajilon Prime. (DS9: "Nor the Battle to the Strong")
- Voyager is thrown into the year 1996 after encountering the timeship Aeon. The ship is later returned to this year, but brings along a mobile emitter which allows The Doctor to operate in areas without a holographic generator. (VOY: "Future's End", "Future's End, Part II")
- The Q Civil War ends in this year with the birth of Q. (VOY: "The Q and the Grey")
- Worf, Jadzia Dax, Quark, Julian Bashir, and Leeta visit Risa. (DS9: "Let He Who Is Without Sin...")
- Julian Bashir is replaced by a Changeling. (DS9: "In Purgatory's Shadow")
- Quark and Odo get stranded on a remote planet and must work together in order to survive and get back to Deep Space Nine. (DS9: "The Ascent")
- Starfleet introduces a new uniform design which quickly replaces all uniforms in use, with gray quilted shoulders and department color indicated by the undershirt and the cuffs on the jacket, but the crew aboard the USS Voyager and the crew aboard the USS Equinox continued to use the previous uniform design, due to their ships being stranded in the Delta Quadrant. (Star Trek: First Contact; DS9: "Rapture"; VOY: "Message in a Bottle")
- Silaran Prin begins his revenge on the Shakaar resistance cell. He kills the majority of its former members, but is stopped by Kira Nerys. (DS9: "The Darkness and the Light")
- Kirayoshi O'Brien, the second child of Miles and Keiko O'Brien is born. (DS9: "The Begotten")
- The second major Borg incursion, the Battle of Sector 001, takes place. The USS Enterprise-E plays a major role in the battle, and later pursues a Borg sphere into the year 2063 to prevent the Borg from interfering with Zefram Cochrane's historic warp flight. (Star Trek: First Contact)
- The Borg and Species 8472 go to war after the Borg attempt to invade Species 8472's native fluidic space. (VOY: "Scorpion")
- The Dominion invades the Alpha Quadrant. (DS9: "In Purgatory's Shadow")
- The Cardassian Union officially joins the Dominion. (DS9: "By Inferno's Light")
- The Bashir Changeling is exposed and killed. The real Bashir resumes his post on DS9 after a 5-week confinement in Internment Camp 371. (DS9: "By Inferno's Light")
- With the Dominion as their new ally, the Cardassian Union successfully puts an end to the Maquis rebellion in the Demilitarized Zone. (DS9: "Blaze of Glory")
- Klingon Chancellor Gowron reinstates the Khitomer Accords with the Federation. (DS9: "By Inferno's Light")
- Vorik begins pon farr and initiates a mating bond with an unwilling B'Elanna Torres. (VOY: "Blood Fever")
- Tekeny Ghemor visits Deep Space 9 and undergoes the Shri-tal ritual. He dies shortly after. (DS9: "Ties of Blood and Water")
- General Martok is given command of the IKS Rotarran and is successful in rescuing survivors of the IKS B'Moth. (DS9: "Soldiers of the Empire")
- In the Delta Quadrant, the crew of the USS Voyager discover a race called the Voth, a species which evolved on Earth and migrated to the Delta Quadrant several million years ago. (VOY: "Distant Origin")
- A DS9 salvage team lead by Miles O'Brien visits Empok Nor. (DS9: "Empok Nor")
- Jake Sisko is successful in obtaining a Willie Mays baseball card for his father Benjamin. (DS9: "In the Cards")
- The Dominion signs non-aggression treaties with several powers, including the Romulans, Tholians, Miradorn, and Bajorans. (DS9: "Call to Arms")
- The Second Battle of Deep Space 9 takes place, in which the Dominion takes control of the Bajor sector including the Federation space station Deep Space 9 at its crucial position next to the wormhole to the Gamma Quadrant. (DS9: "Call to Arms")
- The Dominion War begins. (DS9: "Call to Arms")
- The USS Voyager enters Borg space and makes first contact with Species 8472. Captain Kathryn Janeway proposes an alliance with the Borg to fight Species 8472. (VOY: "Scorpion")
- The placement of Star Trek: First Contact is somewhat conjectural, based upon trying to reconcile a stardate that would place it towards the very end of the year (right around DS9: "Children of Time") with a passing reference to the events of the movie in DS9: "In Purgatory's Shadow". As there was no reference to the Klingon-Federation conflict of the 2370s, best estimates would place First Contact after the cease fire enacted in "Apocalypse Rising" but before the reinstatement of the Khitomer Accords in "By Inferno's Light" and also before "Soldiers of the Empire", as Worf can be seen in First Contact to still be wearing the House of Mogh emblem on his sash and not the House of Martok's.
- The Klingon Year of Kahless 999 falls into this Earth year. (DS9: "Soldiers of the Empire")
- DS9: "Apocalypse Rising"
- VOY: "The Chute"
- VOY: "Remember"
- VOY: "The Swarm"
- DS9: "The Assignment"
- VOY: "Future's End" (in part)
- VOY: "Future's End, Part II" (in part)
- DS9: "Things Past"
- VOY: "Warlord"
- DS9: "The Ascent"
- DS9: "The Begotten"
- VOY: "Blood Fever"
- Star Trek: First Contact (in part)
- DS9: "For the Uniform"
- VOY: "Coda"
- DS9: "In Purgatory's Shadow"
- VOY: "Unity"
- DS9: "By Inferno's Light"
- VOY: "Rise"
- DS9: "Doctor Bashir, I Presume"
- VOY: "Before and After" (in part)
- VOY: "Real Life"
- DS9: "Soldiers of the Empire"
- VOY: "Distant Origin"
- DS9: "Children of Time"
- VOY: "Displaced"
- DS9: "Blaze of Glory"
- VOY: "Worst Case Scenario"
- VOY: "Scorpion"