(written from a Production point of view)
|Series:||Malibu DS9 Special|
Dax, Dr. Bashir, and a young ensign, Jamie Kirk, return from the Gamma Quadrant with a strange artifact. When they arrive back at the station, they learn that Lieutenant Jayakar has been killed in an accident. They also meet Jannak, a Romulan diplomat, and son of the Romulan Commander encountered by James Kirk over 100 years before.
- This was the first of two books in the "Celebrity Series" published by Malibu Comics.
- Mark Lenard (the actor who played Sarek and the first Romulan seen on Star Trek) wrote the story for this issue, and it features the son of the Romulan Commander from TOS: "Balance of Terror".
- Mark Paniccia contributed an editorial introducing Lenard and commenting on how Lenard affected his life. Robert and Catherine Felix contributed a two page biography on Lenard to close out the issue.
- An editorial comment places the events of TOS: "Balance of Terror" in 2267.
- Based on:
- Writer: Mark Lenard
- Leonard Kirk (pencil art pg 5-7, 9-10, 12-14, 16, 19-22, additional pencils, and cover pencil art)
- Ken Penders (additional pencils and inking, interior and cover inking)
- Terry Pallot (inking, interior and cover inking)
- Scott Reed, and Larry Welch (inking)
- Roxanne Starr (letter art)
- Moose Baumann (color design)
- Prism Riot! (interior color art)
- Andy Walton (color editor)
- Renee Pulve (cover color art)
- Canon characters listed below are linked to the main article about them. Non-canon characters are not linked, but those that recurred, appearing or being mentioned in more than one story, are defined further in Malibu DS9 characters.
Regular and recurring characters
|Previous issue:||Series||Next issue:|
|"Worf Special"||Malibu DS9 Special||"The Rules of Diplomacy"|