- Category:VHS releases (would also contain the article VHS)
- Category:UK VHS releases
- Category:TOS VHS releases
- Category:TNG VHS releases
- Category:DS9 VHS releases
- Category:VOY VHS releases
- Category: Memory Alpha images (video covers) to be split into Category: Memory Alpha images (DVD covers) and Category: Memory Alpha images (VHS covers) (+subcategories per series/season)
I'm in the middle of a major work cataloguing the entirety of the UK Star Trek VHS releases (you can see it via my to do list). Once this is complete, and the season articles are moved into main namespace, a significant categorisation will be needed. All of the VHS collections I've created so far have been put into Category: Star Trek, but the subcategory of VHS releases would make much more sense.
In addition, I intend to upload the sleeve covers for every UK VHS release - this would essentially overwhelm the (video covers) image category with something like 500 images, so a split into DVD and VHS, as well as subcategories per series/season for the VHS categories, would avoid overloaded categories.
- I support this suggestion. It makes sense. – Tom 14:18, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
- Splitting the video covers is definitely required I'd say. In terms of the VHS release ones, we should have a "top" level "Category:Video releases", with DVD and VHS subcategories, and then VHS would be further sub-divided as you suggest above. -- Sulfur 15:41, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
- I also support. – Cleanse 23:33, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
The image category split has been done - simply for expediency (it was easier to do it then, with 120 images, than once I'd finished the upload, with 500+ images. The UK release articles are nearing completion - probably being moved into mainspace by the weekend, at which point they'll be categorised. -- Michael Warren | Talk 14:09, 5 December 2007 (UTC)
Other video format subs Edit
- I'm not sure it would be worth it. With of the exception of VCD none of those formats are still active (presumably Into Darkness will be issued on VCD when the time comes). StalwartUK 02:46, April 4, 2013 (UTC)