(written from a Production point of view)
Born in New York City, Ms. Friesner earned BAs in Spanish and Drama at Vassar College and an MA and PhD in Spanish at Yale University. She taught Spanish at Yale University before becoming a full-time writer for novels, short stories and poems. She even wrote an etiquette and advice column in Pulphouse magazine called "Ask Auntie Esther". She lives in Connecticut with her husband, children, cats, and a bunch of hamsters.
In the licensed (but non-canon) Starfleet Corps of Engineers e-books, a character on the USS da Vinci was named Esther Friesner after her.
Writing credits Edit
- Star Trek novels
- Some Non-Star Trek novels
- Majyk (series)
- Chicks (series)
- Men in Black II (based on movie)
- Child of the Eagle: A Myth of Rome
- Sword Of Mary
- Wishing Season
- 1995 & 1996, Nebula Award for Best Short Story
- 1994, Skylark Award
- 1986, Romantic Times' Best New Fantasy Writer