The Greek gods were a humanoid species, possessed of powerful psychokinetic abilities, that once visited the Mediterranean region of ancient Earth around 2700 BC. These psychokinetic abilities made these beings appear god-like to the simple shepherds and tribesmen of early Greece, and so these beings were worshiped as the Greek gods as they resided on Mount Olympus.
Humanity gradually outgrew the need of these gods until they were only memories. Unable to survive without the love, admiration and worship they thrived on, the aliens departed Earth to eventually settle on Pollux IV.
In 2267, the USS Enterprise encountered the species on Pollux IV, where the last remaining god, Apollo, attempted to force the crew of the ship to worship them once again. (TOS: "Who Mourns for Adonais?")
- Aphrodite, goddess of love, beauty, and sexual desire
- Apollo, god of music and medicine
- Artemis, goddess of hunting and Apollo's beloved sister
- Asclepius, god of medicine and healing
- Athena, goddess of wisdom
- Atlas, a Titan
- Hephaestus, god of fire and the forge
- Hera, queen of the gods
- Hermes, messenger of the gods
- Pan, god of the shepherds
- Zeus, king of the gods and Apollo and Artemis' father
|Aphrodite • Apollo • Artemis • Asclepius • Athena • Atlas • Hephaestus • Hera • Hermes • Pan • Zeus|