(written from a Production point of view)
|Series:||Pocket TNG #27|
|Published:||1 September 1993|
|Reference(s):||ISBN 0671798316 (paperback)|
ISBN 0743421108 (eBook)
ASIN B000FC0PF8 (Kindle)
The crew of the USS Enterprise must prevent a ruthless dictator from taking over a planet!
- From the book jacket
- The world Capulon IV is finally ready to join the Federation after years of waiting. All that remains is the ruler's coronation and a routine signing of the final treaty. When the crew of the USS Enterprise and their passengers – a group of women from a religious order dedicated to helping the downtrodden – arrive for the event they expect to find a world willing and happy to receive them. Instead, they encounter deceit and treachery. The crown prince, once excited and eager to join the Federation, now refuses even to speak with Captain Picard.
- Beaming to the surface in an attempt to work out the problem, Picard, Troi, and Mother Veronica, the abbess of the nuns, are drugged and captured. Now they must somehow escape and stop the crowning. If they cannot prevent it, the King will be omnipotent, with the power to destroy the Starship Enterprise and all of Capulon IV as well...
"Then the final wars came... wars of a terror worse than death. They were a hundred generations ago. Although our science had a part in them, the most devastating weapon came from within ourselves. These were the Mind Wars and they were fought with the very gift the God had given us for peace."
- - Joakal, crown prince of Capulon IV (p. 138)
- This is the only Star Trek novel written by Rebecca Neason.
- An extract from this novel appeared in Star Trek Monthly issue 27.
- Capulon IV
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|#26: The Romulan Prize|| Pocket TNG|
|#28: Here There Be Dragons|