(written from a Production point of view)
|Author(s):||Ira Steven Behr and Robert Hewitt Wolfe|
|Reference(s):||ISBN 0671007289 (paperback)|
ASIN B000FC0R0G (Kindle)
|Running Time:||94 minutes|
|Publisher:||Simon and Schuster Audioworks|
|Published:||1 December 1997|
Legends of the Ferengi is "a collection of stories, fables, folk songs, philosophical meditations and outright lies based on the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition." It is told in the first person through Quark. An abridged audiobook version is available.
- From the book jacket
- "Once you have their money, never give it back." – #1
- "Anything worth doing is worth doing for money." – #13
- For centuries these and the other famous Ferengi "Rules of Acquisition" have been the guiding principles of the galaxy's most successful entrepreneurs. But the wisdom behind them was not won without a high cost in lives and latinum.
- Now at last these inspiring tales of avaricious Ferengi wresting monetary gain from the jaws of poverty are available to the profit-hungry across the galaxy!
Background Information Edit
- Ira Steven Behr commented: "Little things that are mentioned in the book are bound to pop up on the show. In fact, one already has, the Marauder Mo, Quark’s boyhood toy came directly out of the book. As far as there being another book, it’s a lot of work and I really do prefer to concentrate on DS9". The references in the book that would later be mentioned in the television series include the Lytasians, who were mentioned in the episode "The Magnificent Ferengi", and Shmun and T'lana, who were mentioned in "The Emperor's New Cloak". 
- Armin Shimerman narrated the audio adaptation of this book as Quark. The audiobook version was abridged by George Truett.
- The Slug-o-Cola and Eelwasser ("Profit and Lace") advertising jingles can be heard in the audio book. They are also included in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion - A Series Guide and Script Library.
Cover gallery Edit
Bajoran; Daystrom Institute; Eelwasser; Ferengi; Ferengi Attainment Ceremony; Ferengi Commerce Authority; Ferengi Rules of Acquisition; Ferenginar; Gratitude Festival; Lytasian; Marauder Mo; Slug-o-Cola; Smeet; Tholian; Tholian silk
- Eelwasser and Slug-o-Cola were later used in "Profit and Lace" while Shmun and T'lana were mentioned in "The Emperor's New Cloak".
|Previous novel:||Series||Next novel:|
|Warped|| Pocket DS9|
|Day of Honor #2: Armageddon Sky|
| Pocket DS9|
|The 34th Rule|