(written from a Production point of view)
|Birth name:||Mariana Schwarzkopf|
|Date of birth:||9 February 1941|
|Place of birth:||Santa Barbara, California, USA|
Marianna Hill (born 9 February 1941; age 74) is an actress who portrayed Doctor Helen Noel in the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "Dagger of the Mind" in 1966. She filmed her scenes on Thursday 11 August 1966 at Desilu Stage 9 and Friday 12 August 1966, Monday 16 August 1966 and Tuesday 17 August 1966 at Desilu Stage 10.
Hill was born in Santa Barbara, California, lived in several countries as a child and learned a number of accents. This, combined with a vaguely foreign beauty, earned her a number of feature film and television roles. She worked steadily from the early 1960s until the early 1980s. Her film work included a number of B-movies, such as The Invisible Strangler. She is cousin to retired American general H. Norman Schwarzkopf and artist/entrepreneur Stephen Hutchison. Hill and John Anderson appeared in the Perry Mason episode "The Case of the Greek Goddess".
There is an English actress named Maryann Hill who joined the Screen Actors Guild in 1941. The two are constantly confused and Marianna Hill has been given many of Maryann Hill's credits, such as Coma Girl in 2005 and most of her 1960s credits.
- Gunsmoke episode "Pa Hack's Brood" (1963)
- The Outer Limits episode "I, Robot" (1964, with Leonard Nimoy, John Hoyt and Peter Brocco)
- The Wild Wild West episode "The Night of the Bogus Bandits" (1967, with Michael Dunn)
- Paradise, Hawaiian Style (1966, with Julie Parrish)
- The Traveling Executioner (1970, with Graham Jarvis, James Sloyan, Stefan Gierasch, Logan Ramsey and James Greene)
- Blood Beach (1981, with Stefan Gierasch, Ian Abercrombie and Bobby Bass)