This is a page to discuss the suggestion to delete "Dry spell (sex)".
- If you are suggesting a page for deletion, add your initial rationale to the section "Deletion rationale".
- If you want to discuss this suggestion, add comments to the section "Discussion".
- If a consensus has been reached, an administrator will explain the final decision in the section "Admin resolution".
In all cases, please make sure to read and understand the deletion policy before editing this page.
- Oppose - Its a genuine concept, and there was nothing hidden about the way it was used. (although I did add the slang category based on your criticism)-- Capricorn (talk) 20:55, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Perhaps I should have said "subtle" and not "hidden"; but "dry spell" could refer to any drought in an activity, not just sex. I'm wondering where the line should be drawn and how permitting this would not lead to articles about simple words. 31dot (talk) 20:58, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- T'POL: On Vulcan, we mate only once every seven years.
- TUCKER: That's a hell of a dry spell.
- I don't dispute that it was said, but not every word said in dialog merits a page. Where is the line? The only similarity I have found is when the page on To hell with it was deleted. 31dot (talk) 21:18, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
Well, this isn't a phrase but a phenomenon relating to human sexuality. A concept. I don't understand how this is anywhere near the line with dictionary definitions. -- Capricorn (talk) 21:30, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I don't feel it is a concept so much as a description. Does that mean any character said to have not 'gotten any' in awhile could be listed here? 31dot (talk) 22:24, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose, and if there is dialog where characters are actually talking about not having had any sex in awhile, I say yes. We don't mention Harry Kim enough as is. - Archduk3 01:04, August 20, 2014 (UTC)