Non-humanoid designates lifeforms which do not share certain morphological, biological, and physiological traits with humanoids. It is likely that any species that is not descended from the ancient humanoids is a non-humanoid species. The prevalence of humanoid species throughout the galaxy makes sense if they were all descended from a single ancestor.
Examples of non-humanoid species Edit
- Nacene (could assume humanoid form)
- Tholians (ENT: "Future Tense")
- The Q (could assume humanoid form)
- Armus on Vagra II (TNG: "Skin of Evil")
- Changeling (could assume humanoid form)
- Horta of Janus VI
- Trill symbiont (a vermiform)
- The Crystalline Entity
- Species 8472 (could assume humanoid form)
- Xindi-Insectoids and Xindi-Aquatics
- Many others - for an exhaustive list, see non-humanoid species and Unnamed non-humanoids
- Debatably: The Cytherians - they were morphologically consistent with humanoid life, but clearly shared none of the biological traits necessary to qualify.