(written from a Production point of view)
Sonia R. Hillios (born 27 January 1961; age 54) is a comic book and novel cover painter. She got her break in the early 1980s and began a career of painting cinematic art and covers for science fiction franchises such as The Crow, Star Trek, Star Wars, and Cocoon. She was one of the first women to paint covers and art for both the Star Trek and Star Wars franchises.
In December 1994, she painted covers for Star Trek: The Next Generation - Shadowheart #1: "The Lion and the Lamb", Star Trek Generations, and DS9/TNG #1: "Prophets and Losses" that formed a three-panel panorama released as a poster shortly thereafter.
Selected Star Trek credits
- DS9/TNG #1: "Prophets and Losses"
- "Star Trek: Generations"
- Star Trek: The Next Generation - Shadowheart #1: "The Lion and the Lamb"
- TNG Special 2
- TNG Special 3
- "All Good Things..."
- Star Trek: The Modala Imperative
- "Tests of Courage"
- DC TNG volume 2 #75: "Cry Havoc"
- DC TOS volume 2 #75: "Star-Crossed: A Bright Particular Star"