(written from a Production point of view)
|Publication:||Star Trek Magazine|
|Cover date:||June/July 2006|
Issue 127 of Star Trek Magazine was the June/July 2006 issue. This was the final issue before US distribution - as a result, it is the last of the "series-focused" issues (the contents planned for the remaining issues would be reformatted and rescheduled), and also the last of John Freeman's second stint as editor. This issue focuses on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- Captain's Log
- Field of Fire: John Freeman on the North America distribution.
- The Best of All Worlds
- J.J. Abrams to produce Star Trek.
- Star Trek Magazine to launch in the US, magazine to be reformatted "from the ground up".
- Avery Brooks makes rare UK convention appearance.
- Walter Koenig speaks about "To Serve All My Days".
- Paul Carr remembered.
- Mike Collins speaks, Pocket Books 2006 schedule.
- In Brief: Star Trek to be screened on the UK Sci-Fi Channel, Star Trek 2.0, Star Trek Online, Roger Nygard thinks Trek needs resting, wax figures sold, Andreas Katsulas remembered, Stephen Collins on cancellation of 7th Heaven.
- Treknology: Black holes, biological technology, Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter, holodecks, Haptic interfaces.
- Grand Slam 2006
- Abbie Bernstein reports from the fourteenth annual Grand Slam convention.
- Back to the Frontier
- K. Stoddard Hayes takes a look at the legacy of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- Making DS9: A history of the series.
- The Stunt Performers' Favourite Series: Dennis Madalone, Patricia Tallman, and Tom Morga speak about their experiences on Deep Space Nine.
- Keeping the Flame
- Sandy Stone reports from Avery Brooks' appearance at recent conventions.
- Interview - Nana Visitor - "Wild for Nana"
- by Ian Spelling.
- Interview - Rene Auberjonois - "The Changeling Man"
- by David Bassom.
- A Fistful of Data
- The access panel in "Trials and Tribble-ations", killing a clone, Teri Hatcher and Nikki Cox guest appearances.
- Lost and Found: Set photo from "Through the Looking Glass".
- Double-sided, with one side featuring the Deep Space Nine cast, the other a Dax spotlight.
- Column - Dave Rossi - "Write Stuff"
- Rossi discusses his memories of Deep Space Nine.
- Interview - Armin Shimerman - "The Magnificent Ferengi"
- by David Bassom.
- Interview - Robert O'Reilly - "Life of O'Reilly"
- by Nick Joy.
- From the Replicator
- David Mack talks about how he sees from the characters' perspective.
- Tara DiLullo reports from the New York Toy Fair.
- Missing in Action, Rosetta.
- Tower of Commerce
- Be My Guest
- Chase Masterson.
- Larry Nemecek on the legacy of Deep Space Nine.
- Next Issue
|Issue 126||Star Trek Magazine|
Issue 127 - June/July 2006