Hitler conquering the Netherlands Edit
"...Adolf Hitler could focus on the West. He took France, then Belgium, and the Netherlands quickly fell thereafter." Unless I've been misinformed over my entire educational career, France, Belgium, and the Netherlands were conquered by Hitler in the "real" timeline. So what's this remark about?
- Just saying what happened in the alternate timeline as well, I guess. Also, please sign your post with --~~~~. --OuroborosCobra talk 18:33, 6 September 2006 (UTC)
- I'm proud of my alternate-timeline country... -- Harry t 23:45, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
Possible Dutch Characters Edit
These guys could possible have been Dutch (but are more likely to be Americans with Dutch names):
- Simon Van Gelder
- Chief Engineer Vanderberg
- "Admiral Westervliet" (replaced by Admiral Komack)
- Van Doren, who was involved in cardiac implant techniques.
Also removed the following speculation:
There is no certainty what would have caused such severe flooding to the Dutch coastline, or if it was permanent: Global warming is a gradual process, but if the after affects of WWIII damaged the Dutch economy or changed weather front's made storm more severe, then the area would succumb to the sea--31dot 08:07, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
- Why is this speculation? M.vd 17:00, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
There are no facts in the statement. If "there is no certainty" what caused it, it is speculation.--31dot 19:20, September 8, 2009 (UTC)
Amsterdam was a Dutch city, and one time in its history the capital city. The Amsterdam News, a black newspaper, was named after this city – its home city of New York having been founded by the Dutch and originally named New Amsterdam. (DS9: "Far Beyond the Stars")
Amsterdam has not been mentioned in the canon. According to Wikipedia, New York Amsterdam News "...takes its name from its original location one block east of Amsterdam Avenue, at West 65th Street and Broadway" Lakenheath72 (talk) 22:31, February 14, 2015 (UTC)