Do we have a source on it being illegal on Federation worlds? Jaf 13:53, 27 Sep 2005 (UTC)Jaf
Farian female and MareelEdit
Is the image of the Farian female, located at File:FarianFemale.jpg and the Farian article, one of the prostitutes? I'm just curious because I think a photo of a nonhuman prostitute should be on the page. Also, on the "Invasive Procedures" page it implies that Mareel is a prostitute, yet it says nothing of the like on her page, except for a vague reference to a "difficult life." Does anyone know what's up with that?
I have no recollection of anyone ever saying prostitution is illegal on Federation worlds. Maybe it might be looked down upon by a lot of people. But, so would drinking alcohol. Prohibition only breeds black markets. Romulan ale, anyone? Cite your source or face deletion.--Mike Nobody 04:20, 4 Oct 2005 (UTC)
These further references:
- TNG: "A Fistful of Datas", "Elementary, Dear Data"
- DS9: "Honor Among Thieves"
- ENT: "Rajiin", "Carpenter Street"
Appear to contain potential references missing from this article. --Alan 21:58, 25 February 2008 (UTC)
First Contact Episode reference? Edit
- I think that is a bit of a stretch... --OuroborosCobra talk 01:29, 29 October 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, if you think about it, she paid for the sex by helping Riker escape, so that sort of makes Riker the prostitute :D --OuroborosCobra talk 03:11, 29 October 2008 (UTC)