Somebody removed the part about prunes being a different fruit than a plum, and that is just plain wrong. Perhaps they misunderstood what the passage meant but otherwise they should really be ashamed of themselves for not taking the two minutes necessary to look up on the internet the clear fact that the prune fruit is completely different from the plum, and that prune juice does not come from plums, period, no matter how dry or wet they may be. And if you think that you can get juice from a dried plum, be my guest, but you might as well try juicing a raisin. Next time, hopefully he will be less hasty in his self-righteous deletion of factual information.
- Memory Alpha reserves the right to delete information -- factual or not -- if it is not relevant to Star Trek.
- Seeing as the origin of prune juice -- prunes? dried plums? misconceptions? -- none of these have ever been mentioned on Star Trek. This information you re-added should be removed because it is off-topic -- it does not describe prune juice (the topic of the article) as it relates to appearances and mentions on Star Trek (the topic of the database). Our intention is not to bore the readers with extraneous nonsense -- that is unless you can point out how this is relevant to Star Trek? -- Captain M.K.B. 01:19, 29 March 2006 (UTC)
- Oh. Well, I see Mike has already informed you as to what was wrong with the edit. Good, so you know why it was removed. Makes my job easier. :P --From Andoria with Love 01:45, 29 March 2006 (UTC)
- hello, i am the person who deleted the aforementioned section. it would seem that YOU ought to take the two minutes necessary to look up this "clear fact", but as i fear you're too stubborn or stupid to do such a thing, i've saved you the effort with a handy URL:
- Definition of prune from answers.com
- and i quote; "The partially dried fruit of any of several varieties of the common plum, Prunus domestica."
- now either i can't read, or you need to learn how to. but as was said, the whole thing's irrelevant to the article anyway. toodle-oo. 188.8.131.52 00:50, 29 April 2006 (UTC)