Calum Tsang's emailEdit
I just got this email from Calum Tsang, who worked for the Federation Science exhibits:
- Hi guys,
- First, thanks for your work on Memory Alpha...it's nicely done!
- I wanted to write in to mention a few things about Star Trek Federation Science. I worked for one of the subcontractors on the exhibit and ended up flying out to repair the systems in a few places.
- You are correct in that there were two complete touring exhibits that travelled the country. As far as I know, they were identical, but museums and science centers could take a subset of the actual displays depending on what space they had.
- There was a showing at the San Bernardino County Museum, in 1997, starting April 27th.
- In some cities, they hired actors to pretend they were Star Trek characters. In others, local fan clubs (I guess they're called ships?) staffed the exhibits. In San Bernardino, there was actually two, from what I remember.
That solves the speculation in the article. I don't know enough about these exhibits to touch the article, so here's the information from the source, for someone to work with. — Harry usr tlk 10:58, 15 October 2008 (UTC)
Hi, Christopher L. Bennett here. I just noticed that the approximate dates for the Cincinnati exhibit seemed to be based on my online info, so I took it upon myself to track down the accurate dates and add them to the article. My source is Cincinnati Magazine, a Google Books result here: http://books.google.com/books?id=HR8DAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA14&lpg=PA14&dq=%22cincinnati+museum+center%22+%22federation+science%22&source=bl&ots=u-gx3d9Q7m&sig=RMcsmfdtX3xBpqG2AzBGo8AND0I&hl=en&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result – CLBennett 15:09, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Just make sure that you log in regularily before editing, else we'll know where you are! ;)
- Thanks for the date fixes. -- sulfur 15:10, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
I worked at the cumberland Science Museum during the time that this exhibit was on display and I believe it may have been earlier than the dates given. I will check and see what I can find. I know I can at least find the end date and of coarse the begining date should be easy find as Tom Green was taping his skit there on opening day. 184.108.40.206 04:12, August 20, 2010 (UTC)