For general discussion on this episode, visit the DS9 forum at The Trek BBS.
Ensign O'Brien? Edit
Did I really see this, or am I being silly. But I've just watched this episode and I could have sworn that O'Brien is wearing ensign pips on his collar.
Anyone else notice this?220.127.116.11 20:04, September 26, 2010 (UTC)
- It's not beyond the realm of possibility; O'Brien's rank and collar pips are notoriously inconsistent. See Miles O'Brien#Problematic Rank History.—Josiah Rowe 01:55, September 27, 2010 (UTC)
Sisko's Father Edit
I think this is the first episode that references Sisko's father as alive.
- I'm inclined - I don't remember hearing him mentioned in any of the previous episodes. I wouldn't like to put it on, though, as I'm not sure I am correct. Muzer 22:54, May 1, 2011 (UTC)
Anyone know why Eddington is reaching for his phaser while Dax scans Bashir for tetryon particles? Was Eddington already informed that Bashir was the main suspect in the sabotage at that point? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).
- Paranoia, innit. Derekbd 12:57, March 2, 2011 (UTC)
Auto destruct? Edit
should it be noted someplace that non-Starfleet officer's (Kira) has the ability to set the auto destruct, on the USS Defiant, on DS9 I can understand as it is a Bajorian station?Chasemarc (talk) 04:47, June 20, 2013 (UTC)
- Kira was the first officer; that's why she had the authority. Not just anyone in the Bajoran militia could do it. I don't think any special note is necessary here. Even if it was, it should be on the autodestruct article, not here. 31dot (talk) 10:17, June 20, 2013 (UTC)
How is she a 1st officer of the FEDERATION Starship Defiant? until the last few episodes of the series she was a Bajorian military officer not a Starfleet Officer (It would be like having a British Naval Officer be the 1st officer on a United States Naval Vessel, in real life), Nog as a cadet in Starfleet, should have more rights on Starfleet Ships then she should, as for her status as 1st officer, it was only for DS9 itself, plus in other episodes Worf has been in command of Defiant and Kira was following his orders, unless I missed something? Chasemarc (talk) 03:28, June 21, 2013 (UTC)
- Officers serving on ships of other NATO members do have the same rights as officers from that country. A British Officer on a US ship during a NATO mission could be the first officer with all the rights and privileges of that title. Starfleet and The Bajoran Militia must have the same sort of agreement. Lt.Lovett (talk) 16:18, June 16, 2014 (UTC)