- MA files from this episode (16)
- Template:Titles/The Magnificent Ferengi yields The Magnificent Ferengi (DS9 6x10)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the DS9 forum at The Trek BBS.
Does this episode have basically all the reoccuring Ferengi in it? If so, or something to that point, a reference to it should be made in the background info. section. -AJHalliwell 03:25, 20 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- Zek isn't mentioned directly,but,it is a canon plot point that Zek and Iska share an amorous relationship,and no doubt Zek,as Grand Negus,would have overlooked Ferengi Commerce law to allow Quark,to set up this "unprofitable" venture in the form of the strike team.Wejvagh 10:00, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
If the Sergio Leone's Film "The Magnificient Seven" is going to be mentioned,then mention also in the background material,that the Magnificent Seven,is based on Akira Kurasawa's film "The Seven Samurai"Wejvagh 10:00, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
Removing note Edit
I am removing this:
- When Brunt is accepted into the group, Rom's remark "Now we are six!" references the children's book of the same title by A.A. Milne.
- According to IMDb, the quote is from The Magnificent Seven. I don't remember this particular quote in the film, but I do remember that Yul Brynner and Steve McQueen kept counting (either verbally or gesturing with their fingers) as new members were added, so it's very likely it did come from the movie. That said, the writers of The Magnificent Ferengi stated in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine Companion that they never really thought about The Magnificent Seven when writing the script. That certainly doesn't mean they or the actors couldn't have thrown in a few references, though (the actors were imagining themselves as The Magnificent Seven, although that was not the intent of the writers). --From Andoria with Love 07:31, 12 September 2007 (UTC)
Regular cast Edit
- Michael Dorn does not appear in this episode, though Worf is mentioned briefly. Other than Quark, none of the regular cast are in more than one scene, with Jadzia, Julian, Miles and Odo seen only in the teaser.
Sisko was in at least two scenes (when Quark and Rom emerge into his office, and the scene where he discusses the mission with Quark in his office). So the part about none of the regular cast being in more than one scene is incorrect, and the note needs rephrasing. Any suggestions? Dendodge 13:39, March 12, 2011 (UTC)
Was Keevan correct? Edit
Did anyone ever ask the producers off camera if the ferengi would have survived if they traded a live prisoner and not initiating any violence (especially if Quark had not negotiated the mass Jem Hadar withdrawal)? – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk).