- MA files from this episode (1) • MA remastered files from this episode (25)
- Template:Titles/The Schizoid Man yields The Schizoid Man (TNG 2x06)
For general discussion on this episode, visit the TNG forum at The Trek BBS.
- The NCC-7100 model in the captain's ready room is pointed one way when Picard confronts Data for his insubordination, and another way a few scenes later when Troi delivers her report to Picard.
- One of the earliest computer viruses, SCA, outputted the text, "Something wonderful has happened. Your Amiga is alive!" In this episode, Graves/Data says, "Something wonderful has happened", as Data has come "alive" due to the "virus" of Graves within him. As the SCA virus, which debuted in 1987, was well known within the computer subculture in 1989, this may be an intentional allusion by the writer to that early virus.
- I have noticed that Data used a lot of contractions during this episode. I know that during the first 2 seasons of Star Trek TNG, he used a lot of contractions because Brent Spiner probably wasn't used to not using them. However, in this episode, were the contractions left in because it is not really Data talking? Or were these simply more errors on Spiner's part? ~~MuEpsilonGamma~~
- This is similiar of What Are Little Girls Made Of? (episode) -dying Scientist in Android Body:
- Dr Roger Korby destroys himself when he realizes he has become more android than human
- Dr Ira Graves places his knowledge in ship computer when he realizes that despite being in a android body he is still prone to human weakness-such as anger – The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk).
- If you have evidence that the writers had those plot elements in mind when writing this episode, the article can note that, but otherwise, no.--31dot 15:15, February 3, 2011 (UTC)
Data found on floorEdit
Why is Data found face up on the floor? If anything, he should have been found in his chair. In addition, there is no equipment and no physical change in the appearance of Data to explain how Dr. Graves transferred himself to the ship's computer. --18.104.22.168 15:32, March 18, 2011 (UTC)