I guess I became a Trekkie after seeing Star Trek, although I did like TOS and TNG as a kid. I help maintain articles related to the Alternate reality and adding pictures from the movie thanks to excellent online galleries from Trekcore and Trekcaps.
Also, we only get a canonical addition every four years now, is there any reason to consider all the non-contradictory novels and comics non-canon? Although it would be irritating if something like George Kirk's death in the prime timeline was overruled all over again.
This page contains information regarding material for the upcoming Star Trek film, and thus may contain spoilers.
- Star Trek 2
- Benedict Cumberbatch is playing
- Khan: a Khan that is. He's actually a surgically altered Klingon sabotaging whatever Peter Weller's CEO is involved in (colony development?).
- That, or based on the ending of "The Return of the Archons, Part 2" - indicating fishy goings on in Starfleet - Section 31 are the villains and Weller's chief has dusted off Khan - the original augmented human - in a plot to kill off the Klingons via a joint Federation-Klingon colony once and for all.
- My latter thinking of sympathetic Klingons is based on how one reason Orci picked Romulans for ST is because it was backwards to portray Klingons as baddies. Hopefully there is an early misunderstanding though so we see the new guys in action, because overcoming misunderstandings is what ST is about duh.
- My initial trepidation about Cumberbatch as Khan was based on his lack of resemblance to TOS-era Ricardo, although now that I think it he passes the squint test with WOK-era Montalban.
- He might be playing Ben Finney! Oh yes, he's even more jealous of Kirk now and Section 31 have finally offered him a chance at the big time...
- Alice Eve is playing Elizabeth Dehner, who was mentioned in "Star Trek Ongoing, Issue 1" as not joining the USS Enterprise due to a sour relationship with Leonard McCoy.
- She will be assisting a colony - personified by Noel Clarke's family - threatened by Khan.
- Of course, enhancing the feel that this is a new timeline WOK prequel, she could easily be Carol Marcus, who was in a draft of Star Trek.
- The first issue hint may just be to the new engineering room that Scotty prayed for at the start of the issue.
- Spock dons an EV suit to fix sabotage in a geothermal plant.
- Uhura beams down with a phaser to protect her man.
- Hendorff dies protecting that jerk from Iowa. Many manly tears are shed.
- McCoy's thrust into a real situation where he must scream "BUT I'M A DOCTOR!" Pilot a shuttle! Chosen to duel a Klingon to the death (ethical dilemma)! Or something.
- Star Trek 3
- Star Trek 3 will tell an untold story: how the crew went their separate ways after the initial voyage. After that, it'll be up to a new director to convince Pine and co. to come back. (I'd imagine O/K, Lindelof and Abrams would hang around as writers/producers though).
- Nick Frost as Welshy. Make it so.
- Nyota Uhura will tell Spock she's pregnant at the end of the film. Haha.
- TNG reboot
- My dream is we eventually get a TNG movie with Q and the Borg as the villains. In my mind Picard would be a misanthrope who lost the Stargazer to the Borg, and whose perception of the universe is coloured by the random and senseless destruction of his ship, the Kelvin and Vulcan. He'd thought he'd retire standing by on the glorified hotel/ambassadorial retreat of a new Enterprise...
- But like George Taylor, this cynic finds himself mankind's defender to an omnipotent troll who'd sit by and watch the galaxy become enslaved by the threat that took out the Stargazer.
- Picard's crew will help him rediscover optimism and the joy of being in the ST universe despite all the dangers of it, and find it within himself to point out life's worth to Q. Hope is not about burying your head to horror, but defying it and moving on.
Why TBBT cast can't cameo in ST
"Why, that crewmember looked remarkably look me, I shall look him up. 'James Joseph Jim Parsons (born March 24, 1973) is an American television and film actor. He is best known for playing Sheldon Cooper on the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory... Sheldon Lee Cooper, B.S., M.S., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D. is a fictional character on the CBS television series The Big Bang Theory...' But that's me! Leonard!"