Okay, I've done a few edits (which is a few more than I originally planned), so I might as well eliminate the redlink to my username.
I plan to make very minor changes here, as most of my activities involve reading. I'm most certainly a fan of Star Trek, though not fanatically so.
About me (and Star Trek)Edit
I actually got into TNG late: I had refused to watch TNG because I saw it as just another "new generation" show among the many that cropped up over the years. I probably saw bits and pieces of TNG, but the first episode I really remember was the last twenty minutes of "I Borg". Needless to say, I was hooked. I've seen most of the various series, but if I feel the series is degenerating, I don't usually watch it: I stopped watching the last several episodes of DS9, and I was sorely tempted to stop watching VOY when they got a little overboard with Seven of Nine. I never got past the first episodes of ENT due to personal reasons, but when I tried watching it again around the second or third season, I just couldn't watch it any more.
Some of my favourite episodes from the various series:
- "The Enemy Within"
- "Errand of Mercy"
- "Mirror, Mirror"
- I really liked seeing a dark and sinister Federation with an evil Spock as a member (and the revealing outfits had nothing to do with it... well, mostly not).
- "The Trouble with Tribbles"
- Tribbles... need I say more?
- "Yesterday's Enterprise"
- Holy smokes, what a good episode. I loved the scene where Picard & the bridge changes from light to dark. I would have loved to see the unfilmed scene of Wesley Crusher's decapitation.
- "The Offspring"
- "The Best of Both Worlds"
- "I Borg"
- The first TNG episode I remember seeing, this one convinced me to watch TNG and catch up via syndication.
- "The Inner Light"
- An excellent, touching episode, especially when the elderly "Kamin's" wife and friend reappeared to speak with him.
- I don't usually put down pilots as my favourites, but I really enjoyed how they set things up in this dark episode.
- "The Visitor"
- I'll say unabashadly that this episode put tears in my eyes.
- "Trials and Tribble-ations"
- Hilarious, and an excellent recap of a TOS classic.
- "Who Mourns for Morn?"
- Another hilarious episode that showed a lot of the DS9 "inside jokes".
- "Basics, Part II"
- Usually, when a two-part episode is a favourite, I mean I highly enjoyed both parts. In this case, I think I enjoyed Part II a lot more—because of the "Die Hard" aspect and because of Suder's intense inner struggle.
- I hated how VOY trivialised the Borg, but as one of the early episodes featuring them, I highly enjoyed this episode because of its drama and depth of character.
- "Year of Hell"
- Wow, what a dark two-parter. I loved it because of the darkness and bleakness of the situation. Too bad it was in an alternate timeline.
- Yes, this was another episode that mainly focused on Seven, and yes, this episode was a lot like "The Offspring", but the latter is why I liked this episode, in spite of the former.
I didn't watch enough episodes to really state any favourites.